Thursday 14 May 2020

What is Obedience?

Match A with the correct answer in B:


A.


1.  Job 23:
2.  Mark 14:
3.  Acts 10:
4.  Deuteronomy 6:
5.  Genesis 26:
6.  Deuteronomy 4:
7.  Exodus 17:
8.  James 5:
9.  John 20:
10.  1 Peter 5:
11.  Isaiah 39:
12.  Galatians 3:
13.  1 Corinthians 11:
14.  Numbers 7:
15.  Deuteronomy 8:
16.  Leviticus 26:
17.  1 Timothy 4:
18.  Luke 18:
19.  Romans 15:
20.  Titus 3:
21.  Leviticus 22:
22.  Hebrews 4:
23.  Philippians 2:


B.


1.  "Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.  Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being.  When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross."
 
2.  "“Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

3.  “You must faithfully keep all my commands by putting them into practice, for I am the Lord."

 4.  "So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall."

 5.  "I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food."

 6.  “Abba, Father,” he cried out, “everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”

 7.  "You must diligently obey the commands of the Lord your God—all the laws and decrees he has given you."
 
8.  "Then Peter replied, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism.  In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right."

 9.  "Do not add to or subtract from these commands I am giving you. Just obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you."

10.  "I will cause your descendants to become as numerous as the stars of the sky, and I will give them all these lands. And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed.  I will do this because Abraham listened to me and obeyed all my requirements, commands, decrees, and instructions.”
 
11.  “So obey the commands of the Lord your God by walking in his ways and fearing him."

 12.  “If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow:

 Follow: Follow Action For Jesus Lifestyle on: 1.  https://actionforjesuslifestyle.blogspot.com AND 2. www.action4jesuslifestyle.org.za AND ...