Sunday 4 August 2019

 Holy Spirit in the Old Testament:

 Find the verses in:


1.  Nehemiah 9:
2.  Isaiah 63:
3.  Psalm 51:
4.  Isaiah 42:
5.  Numbers 11:
6.  Isaiah 61:
7.  Psalm 143:
8.  Numbers 27:
9.  Ezekiel 2:


 1.  "The LORD replied, "Take Joshua son of Nun, who has the Spirit in him, and lay your hands on him."

2.  "The Spirit came into me as he spoke, and he set me on my feet.  I listen carefully to his words."

3.  "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.  May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing."

4.  "The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is upon me, for the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.  He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed."

5.  "Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me."

6.  "Then they remembered those days of old when Moses led his people out of Egypt.  They cried out, "Where is the one who brought Israel through the sea, with Moses as their shepherd? Where is the one who sent his Holy Spirit to be among his people?'

7.  "I will come down and talk to you there.  I will take some of the Spirit that is upon you, and I will put my Spirit upon them also.  They will bear the burden of the people along with you, so you will not have to carry it alone."

8.  "You sent your good Spirit to instruct them, and you did not stop giving them manna from heaven or water for their thirst."

9.  "In your love, you were patient with them for many years.  You sent your Spirit, who warned them through the prophets.  But still they wouldn't listen! So once again you allowed the peoples of the land to conquer them."

10.  "Look at my servant, whom I strengthen.  He is my chosen one, who pleases me.  I have put my Spirit upon him.  He will bring justice to the nations."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow:

Follow: Follow Action For Jesus Lifestyle on: 1.  https://actionforjesuslifestyle.blogspot.com AND 2. www.action4jesuslifestyle.org.za AND 3...