Tuesday 5 December 2023

What is Love?

Find the verses in:


1.  1 John 4:

2.  John 13:

3.  John 3:

4.  John 15:

5.  Matthew 5:

6.  1 Corinthians 13:

 

1.  "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."


2.  "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."


3.  "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God."


4.  "We love because he first loved us."


5.  "If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.  If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing."


6.  "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another."


7.  “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."


8.  "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."


9.  “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven."


10.  "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."


11.  "If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow:

Follow: Follow Action For Jesus Lifestyle on: 1.  https://actionforjesuslifestyle.blogspot.com AND 2. www.action4jesuslifestyle.org.za AND 3...