Saturday 18 February 2023

What are you willing to turn your back on to follow Jesus?

 Are you willing to give up your lifestyle, job, family, friends and everything for Jesus? Are you willing to go through prersecution to follow Jesus? When you decide to follow Jesus, people will turn their backs on you. Your whole life will change when you follow Jesus! 

Matthew 10:37-39: “If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.  If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it."

Luke 14:25-27: "Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple."

Matthew 16:24: "Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

1 Peter 2:21: "For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps."

John 8:31: "So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples."

John 8:12: "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Jesus went through persecution, are you willing to be persecuted for His Name? There is a reward when you give up everything for Jesus.

Matthew 19:29: "And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life."

Are you willing to give up your  job, lifestyle, family, friends for Jesus? 

When Jesus told the fishermen to follow Him, they gave up their jobs, their boats, their nets, their fish, their income and the brothers even left their father behind, in the boat!! 

And we also must follow the disciples example!!

Matthew 10:22: "And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

John 8:12: "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 10:27: "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

Mark 8:34: "And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

John 12:26: "If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him."

Luke 9:59-62: "He said to another person, “Come, follow me.” The man agreed, but he said, “Lord, first let me return home and bury my father.” But Jesus told him, “Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.”Another said, “Yes, Lord, I will follow you, but first let me say good-bye to my family.” But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”

Follow Jesus no matter what.  It is better for the world to hate you. And if they turn their back on you, let them.  Jesus is on your side and He will fight for you.  Come out of your comfort zone.... go into the unknown.  Jesus is already there!! Don't be afraid.  Focus on Him only!! Never Compromise!!! If you do, you will stand before God one day and you will have to explain!! Be obedient and follow Him!!

Matthew 28:18-20: "Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.  Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.  Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Get out of the boat and walk on the water!!  Keep your eyes on Jesus!!

To follow Jesus will be the best decision of your life!! And the reward is eternal life - when you give everything up for Jesus!! 


What are you willing to give up for Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow:

Follow: Follow Action For Jesus Lifestyle on: 1.  https://actionforjesuslifestyle.blogspot.com AND 2. www.action4jesuslifestyle.org.za AND 3...